Business Development Manager
Microplex is looking for a full-time Business Development Manager to join our team.
Microplex has been in business since 1998, servicing clients not only locally, but internationally. We are a close-knit team, that believes in being family-friendly and having a work-life balance. We are located out of Solon, OH, but this role is remote. Training will take place at Solon, OH and Varel, Germany.
This role will require 50% travel, both locally and internationally. If you have concerns/questions, please bring this up during the interview process.
What can Microplex offer you?
- Competitive pay, based on experience
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
◊ All benefits start day 1
- Simple IRA with annual company match
- Supplemental Insurance
Summary: The Business Development Manager is responsible for business development and marketing efforts of the company as directed by the company’s President
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate new business development and maintain current account management related to laser, thermal, and impact printer lines
- Schedules and conducts required meetings with current and prospective customers
- Provide complete and appropriate solutions for customers to boost top-line revenue growth and profitability
- Collaborates with personnel in German office to develop marketing and sales materials, solutions, and success stories to promote/sell company’s products
- Develops and presents sales and marketing presentations to current and prospective customers
- Works with Company Executives and other personnel to develop marketing programs to generate new business in each of our markets
- Represents the company at Seminars, Trade Shows and other events as required.
- Prepares agenda of company goals and objectives in advance of each meeting
- Develops a working knowledge of the marketplace, competitors, and industry trends and opportunities for business growth
- Responds to leads generated through marketing/sales activities and paid advertising such as Google AdWords. Manages leads in Company CRM application on a regular basis
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Communication – Refers to the ability to inform orally and in writing, with clarity and good effect. Understands clearly and quickly when instructions or orders are received. Knows their audience and can adjust to each setting to effectively relay the message.
- Organization – Refers to the ability to manage multiple projects; able to determine project urgency in a practical way; uses goals to guide actions; creates detailed action plans; organizes and schedules people and tasks effectively.
- Time Management – Refers to managing one‘s own time and the time of others.
- Complex Problem Solving – Refers to identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Confidentiality – Refers to maintaining the confidentiality of the company and its clients by exercising discretion and contains information that may be exposed in the course of business regarding administrative records, files, and similar confidential items.
- Sales Skills – Refers to the ability to bring sales opportunities to closure or drive incremental revenue. Qualifies sales opportunities in terms of customer‘s needs, funding, competition, decision-making process and criteria. Executes the mechanics of the sales call including preparation, call openings, listening, probing, closing, and follow through. Maintains contact with the power base at all levels of the customer organization during the sales process. Effectively overcomes obstacles to sales success. Accurately forecasts business opportunities, complexities and the resources required. Demonstrates effective presentation skills.
Experience and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; experience in business development, sales, and/or marketing or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent selling, communication, and negotiation skills. Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to audience needs.
- Must be a self-starter and demonstrate a proven ability to follow through on assignments and grow company sales.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office especially PowerPoint.
- Familiarity and expertise with Google AdWords a plus.
- Familiarity with CRM technology.
- Fluency in Spanish language a plus.
- Computer peripherals industry knowledge, especially thermal printers, preferred.
- Experience with computer industry channels of distribution (resellers and system integrators) required.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and USA passport. Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally as needed. Willingness to travel up to 50%.
While performing the duties of this job, the individual must be able to remain in a stationary position for 90 percent of the time while operating their computer and performing office work. The individual needs to occasionally move about inside the office. They constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, fax machine, and computer printer. They must be able to exchange accurate information with customers and others in the office while interacting. The individual must be capable of reviewing their work for errors and make adjustments as necessary.
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. The individual frequently works in a controlled climate.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability, and physical demands required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Have we aroused your interest? Apply with an updated resume to join our team!
Please contact us at: ManagementUSA@microplex-usa.com or by telephone at 440-374-2424
Please send e-mail attachments in PDF format only.
Download Job Offer